Personal Anamnesis – I Was 5 in 1989 … As If It Had Stopped Against My Skin
Concept Petra Tejnorová
Experimental Venue Roxy/NoD, Prague, 2009
A Czech-Polish-Slovak theatre performance in which eleme
nts of documentary and physical theatre are combined.
They only have mediated information about the era in which their parents lived. However, they can still experience the mood of that past era thanks to their parents and grandparents. Using the methods of oral history, their own memories and 6 months of research, the stage directors and actors make an effort to look at the recent totalitarian history from different angles in a completely equivocal and very open manner. Their goal is not to find the real truth about the current state of society or a unified opinion of one generation about the past, because their encounter with history is not a conflict but a surprise. This had become the source of their questioning. If we want to discover our own identity, we cannot avoid our history and questions related to it.
- Directed by: Petra Tejnorová
- Dramaturge: Martina Musilová
- Stage Design: Antonín Šilar
- Costumes: Marie Černíková
- Music: Jan Burian
- Choreography support: Lucia Kašiarová
- Cast: Maja Danadová /SK/, Daria Iwan /PL/, Veduna Štíchová /CZ/, Ondřej Bauer /CZ/, Jakub Gottwald /CZ/, Václav Jelínek /CZ/, Petr Vančura /CZ/
- Interaktive design: Jonáš Strouhal
- Photo: P.Nesvadba